This is the cookies policy for www.joandgym.co.uk (Site). The Site is operated by or on behalf of JO & Gym Ltd (we, us and our) a company registered in England and Wales, with company registration number 09977742 and whose registered office is at 8 Canterbury Gardens, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6ST. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller. We are registered with the ICO, registration number ZA391921. Our nominated Data Protection Officer is Sophie Lecocq, contactable on [email protected]
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
When you visit the Site, we may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you – such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
Cookies and other technologies
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with users; and
- gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is collected by reference to the IP address that you are using and/or your unique user ID, and includes information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
Essential session management
- Creating a specific log-in session for a visitor to our Site in order that the Site remembers that a visitor is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner.
- Recognising when a visitor to the Site is a registered member.
- We may also log information from your device including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of the Site.
- Customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for example by storing a country code and providing users with content relevant to their country.
Performance and measurement
- To collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site), so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with users.
We use your personal information which we collect to:
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of Brands or carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services or those of Brands or third parties, either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact us details at the end of this policy.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personal information that could identify you.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
Please submit any questions you have about these terms and conditions or an order you have placed or ordering in general, or any complaint or concern in relation to any Product ordered by email to [email protected]