We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Site with us or Brands;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE US WITH REQUESTED INFORMATION?
You are under no obligation to provide any personal information that we request from you. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services. We will of course notify you if this is the case at the time.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at [email protected]oandgym.co.uk.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a “Tell a Friend” programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
Uses made of your information
We use your personal information which we collect to:
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of Brands or carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services or those of Brands or third parties, either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact us details at the end of this policy.
You acknowledge and agree that from time to time we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- Google LLC. (“Google”) based in the US, for the storage of documents that include your personal data on Google Drive, the use of Gmail in order to contact you about any services we provide to you and Google Contacts to store and maintain our clients’ details;
- Brands that you make purchases from on the Site in order for them to fulfil orders and provide associated customer services such as facilitate exchanges.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If JO & GYM Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of JO & GYM Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personal information that could identify you.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the USA. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Personal information submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us at EMAIL if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Once we have received your information, we have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. See below for further information.
If you enter into a contract with us for our services, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. In all other circumstances we will keep your personal information for up to 6 months.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If at any point you wish to know which information we are processing about you, or if you do not wish for us to process your information anymore or if you believe the information we process on you is incorrect or obsolete you can request to see this information and/or have it corrected or deleted by us by contacting us at [email protected] We will fulfil your request to exercise your rights within a month and at no cost.
Please submit any questions you have about these terms and conditions or an order you have placed or ordering in general, or any complaint or concern in relation to any Product ordered by email to [email protected]